Fascinating facts about argan oil
- It is one of the rarest oils in the world.
- Moroccans often use it to massage their babies, as locals are convinced of its health properties.
- In 1999, the Moroccan argan forest was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Goats really enjoy eating the fruity flesh of the argan fruit and often climb the trees to access it.
What is argan oil?
Argan oil is produced by the nuts found on argan trees which are native to Morocco - these nuts contain between 1 and 3 oil-rich argan kernels which is then extracted by cracking and roasting the nuts to produce what we know as argan oil. Argan oil contains lots of beneficial ingredients for health, hair care, and skin care including:
- Vitamin E - helps maintain healthy skin and eyes, and strengthens the body's immune system
- Phenols - found in plant-based compounds like argan oil, this acts as a highly effective antioxidant helping to prevent damage to DNA from free radicals
- Carotenes - this is converted by the body into Vitamin A which supports healthy skin, eyes, and boosts your immune system
- Fatty acids - help to produce the skin's natural oil barrier so therefore helps to keep skin looking hydrated, plumper, and younger looking
ARGAN OIL FOR ACNE
Argan oil is very beneficial if you suffer with acne as it helps to fight against and reduce acne scarring. It does this by promoting natural skin regeneration, hydration, and elasticity. When you buy store bought acne remedies, they often contain ingredients that strip the skin of it's natural oils causing dry skin to take its place and then sebum production increases tenfold to supplement the lost oils. This then leads to clogged pores, and further breakouts and scarring. This is argan oil comes in to play - argan oil soothes and reduces inflammation that comes along with acne breakouts, it then helps to control sebum production which helps to reduce further clogged pores, as well as promoting self-exfoliation which helps to allow your pores to breathe. In terms of helping to reduce existing acne scarring, the Vitamin E it contains promotes natural skin repair and antioxidants that work to repair and heal damaged skin.
Argan oil benefits FOR skin & hair
Enjoy a relaxing argan oil massage
Thanks to its mild, non-greasy texture, argan oil is one of the best oils to massage with. Its caring properties aids skin repair as it softens and hydrates. So dim the lights, light a candle and indulge in a massage – your skin will thank you!
Try a hydrating argan oil hair mask
A leave-in hair mask can be just what damaged hair needs. Simply massage the oil into your hair and scalp, before wrapping it in a towel. Leave in for a few hours or overnight to give the oil a chance to work its magic. Then rinse out, shampoo your locks and enjoy softer, sleeker hair.